Here is a summary of instructions from today’s lesson:
1) Please upload all 3 precedent studies onto the “precedent studies” parent page. The write-up should be to the point, focusing on a short description of the work followed by a quick analysis of the piece’s logic.
2) Place the avatar you are most satisfied with under your student page (no sub-pages, just edit the parent page). Write a bit about yourself, and a quick explanation of the logic used. Avatars which you have tried could be placed in a separate sub-page under your name, just one sub-page for all the avatars you tried will do, do not clutter the blog!
3) Begin investigation of the tracks you would want to pursue for the rest of this module. Since most of you are more familiar with grasshopper now, you should be able to start on some definitions. Some possible starts: A) try to reverse engineer an existing design in grasshopper. B) start experimenting on your own based on what you already know. C) try an idea in AI, origami, model making etc. and see how grasshopper can parameterise it or improve it.
4) In two weeks time (13/02) everyone would present their progress, along with 3 possible tracks for more in depth exploration. Each student would be given 5 minutes to present their work. You should support your presentation with experimental definitions / sketches / diagrammes. From here we would decide which track is more viable for further development.
5) I will upload some of my personal explorations onto the ‘lecturer’ page, for you guys to refer to, and hack. So do look at it occasionally.
Wow, thats all.